Sunday, December 28, 2008

Fun at the lesbian club.

Well.

The day started off with me, Anne, and Sojung getting some really good shopping done at Forever 21 in Myeongdong. I've never shopped at this store in the States, but it's probably my favorite place in Korea. Eventually I had to force myself to leave before I spent ALL my money there.

Molly joined us afterward, and we grabbed some coffee somewhere in Myeongdong. The place was incredibly busy, and there was of course the whole "pali pali" atmosphere going on which made me miss coffee shops in America... Other than that the place was really awesome... modern, comfortable, and the view out the window was incredible. Sort of made me think of all those pictures of downtown Tokyo with all the neon signs and whatnot.

Anne left our group not long after that. For various reasons she just got sick and tired of Korean culture that day and needed to go home. I definitely understand her. Sometimes hearing about people's experiences makes me want to reconsider my quest for a Korean boyfriend.

So the three of us had dokkpokkee (my third time in two days) in Hongdae, and that's where we began drinking away our sorrows. :-p I had a lot of fun in that place, mostly laughing hysterically at nothing in particular. One of the highlights was the "what animals have thumbs" game. Trust me, it's REALLY fun when soju is involved.

After that we began our long and arduous journey to the lesbian bar, helping a random drunk Korean girl get back on her feet along the way. (That, by the way, is definitely not the first or the last time that will happen.) We found the place eventually, and that's where Sojung started to show us a whole new surprising side! :-p I danced as long as I could before I began to get incredibly tired, and being followed around by a random Korean girl who didn't speak any English wasn't helping me at that point. So I peaced out and plopped myself onto one of the inredibly comfortable couch things they had there. (The design of the place was just so cool, by the way.) I began drunk texting people to try to stay awake, telling people where I am and what I'm doing, and one of the most helpful replies was from Max: "Pics?" Thanks, buddy.

Shared a cab back home at like 4 in the morning. Got dropped off at the station near my place and walked home by myself and was completely safe. Only in Korea, man.

No comments:

Post a Comment