Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Eve, Day, and day after.


Christmas Eve was spent in my area of Hwajeong with my friends Anne and Sojung. (Korean people always call Anne "Anna" and it really confuses me when I'm around.) We had much soju along with this dokkpokkee (however you spell that in English) stuff. After eating this dish a few times, I finally understand why Korean kids prefer this above pizza, chocolate, all that stuff. Though I wish I could for once try a less hot version.

Christmas Day I met up with Anne early to help her cook... I managed to help pay for things and help cut other things up, but that's as far as my assistance went. :-p Later in the night Anne's Korean boyfriend attempted to play the trumpet for us. It was going well at some points but not at others. My favorite quote was from an art teacher there who said after a pause, "Maybe you need more alcohol." I also learned all about soju bombs, which some people were quite excited about.

Today I'm sitting around trying to recover from the semester. I've been exhausted for these last few weeks, and now I finally have the chance to sit around and do nothing. It's wonderful. I'm even almost fully recovered from snowboarding (the picture on the left sums up my experience).

The only down side at the moment is that there's a crazy old lady living below me, and for one reason or another she's been doing nothing but yelling in the hallway. I'm actually a little afraid at this point. :-p

No comments:

Post a Comment