Wednesday, December 24, 2008

First tears in Korea


Before today I haven't cried in this country once. Not in public, not in private, nothing. Not even close.

But today was the last day of school, and the kids were all leaving for vacation. Some of them stopped by my office to say goodbye, and I all of a sudden just got so SAD. So I escaped to the bathroom and started to cry. I quickly stopped because I was thinking to myself, what the hell is going on... So I ran to find my best teacher friend (a really bizarre 35/36 year old woman) to distract myself, but I just BURST into tears right in front of her.

Anyone who knows me knows that I don't cry, so she got really scared and thought something horrible had happened... Well the embarrassing truth was that I was just sad about the kids leaving!!

Then later some of the youngest little girls saw me with my red puffy eyes and mothered me so well... "Anna... No cry! Be happy!"

Ahhhhh... I am so weird... Kill me now.

1 comment: